- 1. Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna will be given to 11 athletes including Neeraj Chopra and Ravi Dahiya.
- 2. Government is going to commission INS Visakhapatnam on 18 Nov.
- 3. Nationwide Clean India campaign culminates with Fit India Plog Run.
- 4. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated 'Sardar Patel Leadership Centre' at LBSNAA Mussoorie.
- 5. India to succeed in reaching net-zero carbon emissions by 2070.
- 6. Union Education Minister launches Bhasha Sangam initiative.
- 7. India and World Bank sign an agreement to strengthen the health system in Meghalaya.
- 8. 73rd Information and Public Relations Day celebrated in Manipur.
- 9. International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists: 2 November
- 10. India has unveiled an online climate dashboard on the first day of COP26.
- 11. World Deaf Judo Championship: J&K team for deaf clinched 1st position.
- 12. Pan-India legal awareness programme launched by National Commission for Women.
- 13. Axis Bank signs MoU with the Indian Navy.
- 14. E-Sarkar App launched by Gujarat Government.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS2024
Topic: Awards and Prizes
1. Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna will be given to 11 athletes including Neeraj Chopra and Ravi Dahiya.
- The selection committee has selected Tokyo Olympics gold medalist javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra and silver medalist wrestler Ravi Dahiya for the prestigious Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna award, along with nine other athletes.
- The committee has also selected the iconic Sunil Chhetri for Khel Ratna, who will become the first footballer in the country to get the Khel Ratna award.
- Tokyo Paralympic gold medalists shooters Avani Lekhara and Manish Narwal, javelin thrower Sumit Antil, and shuttlers Pramod Bhagat and Krishna Nagar have also been selected for the Khel Ratna.
- List of 11 Indian athletes who have been recommended for the Khel Ratna Award:
- Neeraj Chopra (Athletics)
- Ravi Dahiya (Wrestling)
- PR Sreejesh (Hockey)
- Lovlina Borgohain (Boxing)
- Sunil Chhetri (Football)
- Mithali Raj (Cricket)
- Pramod Bhagat (Badminton)
- Sumit Antil (Javelin)
- Avani Lekhara (Shooting)
- Krishna Nagar (Badminton)
- M Narwal (Shooting)
- 35 athletes were selected for the Arjuna award by the selection committee.
- Cricketer Shikhar Dhawan, para TT player Bhavina Patel, para shuttler Suhas Yathiraj and Nishad Kumar are selected for the Arjuna award.
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna award was previously known as Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
2. Government is going to commission INS Visakhapatnam on 18 Nov.
- The Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will commission INS Visakhapatnam, the first of the four of its class guided-missile destroyer, on November 18 in Mumbai.
- The government had handed over the stealth P 15B destroyer to the Indian Navy on October 28 after all sea checks and trials.
- The fourth of the six INS Kalveri-class diesel submarines, INS Vela, will be commissioned by External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar or outgoing Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh before the end of this month.
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders has built both vessels, and in which the French naval group has designed INS Vela.
- All the four destroyers of the Visakhapatnam class including INS Mormugao, Imphal, and Porbandar will be launched by 2022.
3. Nationwide Clean India campaign culminates with Fit India Plog Run.
- The Fit India Plog Run was organized as part of the Fit India Movement at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Plogging is a unique activity that combines fitness and cleanliness. In this activity, participants collect litter while jogging.
- More than 500 athletes and coaches participated in this event. The day also marked the end of the 'Clean India' campaign for this year.
- Ripudaman, who is known as the Plogman of India, also participated in this event. Around 150kgs of litter were collected during the Nationwide Clean India campaign.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: National News
4. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated 'Sardar Patel Leadership Centre' at LBSNAA Mussoorie.
- On the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh dedicated 'Sardar Patel Leadership Centre' to the Nation at LBSNAA Mussoorie.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said that increasing Transparency, Accountability, and People-Centric Delivery mechanisms are the pillars of the New Generation Reforms for the New Generation Civil Servants.
- The main objective of the establishment is to enable a civil servant to constantly remain in touch with Sardar Patel Leadership Center. It will provide upgraded skills and guidance to Civil Servants.
- New Generation Reforms for New Generation Civil Servants will be according to the global benchmarks in Governance.
Topic: Environment and Ecology
5. India to succeed in reaching net-zero carbon emissions by 2070.
- India will succeed in reaching net-zero carbon emissions by 2070 and reduce one billion tonnes of carbon emissions from the total projected emissions by 2030.
- India will also reduce the carbon intensity of its economy by more than 45% by 2030.
- India will bring its non-fossil energy capacity to 500 GW by 2030 and it will fulfill 50 % of its energy requirement through renewable energy by 2030.
- PM Modi made these announcements while delivering the National Statement at the World Leaders' Summit of COP26 in Glasgow.
- PM Modi has announced India's updated nationally determined contributions (NDCs) at the COP26, first time since 2015.
- He said that India contributes only 5% to emissions. India constitutes 17% of the global population.
- He said developed countries must ensure one trillion dollar climate finance at the earliest.
- On the sidelines of the COP26 World Leaders' Summit, Mr Modi met his UK counterpart Boris Johnson.
- PM Modi reached Glasgow to attend the World Leader’s Summit of the 26th Conference of Parties (COP-26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. The COP-26 summit will end on the 12th November.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
6. Union Education Minister launches Bhasha Sangam initiative.
- Bhasha Sangam initiative has been launched for schools by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on 01 November.
- He has also launched Bhasha Sangam Mobile App and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Mobile Quiz.
- Bhasha Sangam is an initiative of the Ministry of Education under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Bhasha Sangam is an initiative to teach basic sentences of everyday usage in 22 Indian languages.
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Quiz is currently available in English and Hindi and in the next 3 months it will be also available in 12 other different regional languages.
- Bhasha Sangam Mobile App has been developed in collaboration with myGov, by a startup called Multibhashi.
(Source: News on AIR)
7. India and World Bank sign an agreement to strengthen the health system in Meghalaya.
- The Indian government and the World Bank have signed a $40 million agreement to strengthen the health system in Meghalaya.
- It will help in improving the quality of health services in Meghalaya and will strengthen the state’s health infrastructure capacity.
- The Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will improve the management and governance capabilities of the state.
- In the first phase, 11 districts of the state will benefit from the project. It will also benefit health sector staff at the primary and secondary levels by improving planning and management capabilities.
- The project will also improve the effectiveness of Meghalaya’s health insurance program known as the Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS).
- Now, Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) will cover 100% of the households.
Topic: State News/ Manipur
8. 73rd Information and Public Relations Day celebrated in Manipur.
- The 73rd Information and Public Relations Day was celebrated at the Directorate of Information and Public Relations (DIPR) Auditorium in Imphal.
- On 2nd November 1949, the Publicity office of the Government of Manipur was set up and Shri R.K. Maipaksana was appointed as the first Publicity Officer.
- On this occasion, Maipaksana Haorongbam was felicitated by presenting a memento and shawl by the Directorate.
- Former Director (IPR), Meghachandra Kongbam was the chief guest at the event. He said that DIPR has played a vital role in bridging the gap between the government and the public.
- DIPR played a key role in informing, educating, and enlightening the public on the activities and achievements of the government. It acts as a medium between the public and the government.
- Recently, the government has deposited Rs 10 crores as a Corpus fund under Manipur Journalist Welfare Scheme.
Topic: Important Days
9. International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists: 2 November
- The International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed annually on 2 November.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared 2 November as the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists to raise awareness about the crime against Journalist.
- The date has been chosen in commemoration of the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2 November 2013.
- In 2013, United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution to condemns the attacks on journalists. It has urged countries to protect journalists from threats.
- This year, the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists focuses on the key aspect of prosecutorial services.
- According to the data, the killing of journalists has declined in the last 5 years.
Topic: Environment and Ecology
10. India has unveiled an online climate dashboard on the first day of COP26.
- UN climate change conference, COP26, has been started in Glasgow in the UK.
- India has launched an online dashboard - the 'Climate Equity Monitor' on 31 October on the first day of the conference to assess climate action, inequalities in emissions besides energy and resource consumption across the world.
- The "Climate Equity Monitor" will also track the climate policies of many countries from the perspective of developing countries.
- The aim of the Climate Equity Monitor is to monitor the performance of Annex-I Parties under the UNFCCC (developed countries), based on the foundational principles of the Climate Convention, namely equity, and the principle of common but differentiated responsibilities and respective capabilities (CBDR-RC).
- For comparison, the performance and policies of non-Annexure-I parties (developing countries) will be also provided through this dashboard.
- The Glasgow summit, which began on 31 October and will run until 12 November, is being organized as the last opportunity for countries to come together and ensure measures that limit global warming to 1.5°C.
- Researchers from the Climate Change Group have developed this website at the MS Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF), Chennai, and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Department at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bengaluru.
11. World Deaf Judo Championship: J&K team for deaf clinched 1st position.
- The J&K team for the deaf has secured the first position in the World Deaf Judo Championship held at Paris Versailles, France.
- Indian team deaf player Rakshanda Mehak has won the bronze medal after defeating the South Korean team in the semi-finals.
- Advisor to Lieutenant Governor Farooq Khan Congratulated the Indian team and also gave the compliment to coach Suraj Bhan Singh for training the athletes.
- The championship was held at Versailles, France from 26-30th October 2021.
- The International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD) organized the World Deaf Judo Championship.
Topic: National News
12. Pan-India legal awareness programme launched by National Commission for Women.
- A pan-India legal awareness programme has been launched by National Commission for Women, along with National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
- The programme has been launched to impart practical knowledge about legal rights and remedies provided under various women-related laws.
- The programme "Empowerment of Women through Legal Awareness", has been launched in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- It aims to cover all the States and Union Territories across the country through regular sessions to make women aware of justice delivery system available for their grievance redressal.
- The project will make women and girls aware of their rights under various laws including Indian Penal Code.
- On 15 August 2020, National Commission for Women had launched a pilot project ‘Legal Awareness Programme’ in collaboration with NALSA for women at the grass-roots level.
- Pilot project had covered eight states- Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Assam.
13. Axis Bank signs MoU with the Indian Navy.
- Axis Bank has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Navy to offer a defence service salary package - Power Salute.
- Through the package, Axis Bank will offer numerous benefits to all ranks of the Indian Navy, veterans and cadets. The benefits are listed below.
- Personal accidental cover of up to ₹56 lakh to all navy personnel, veterans and cadets
- Up to ₹8 lakh children education grant
- Total permanent disability cover benefit up to ₹46 lakh
- Partial permanent disability cover of up to ₹46 lakh and air accident cover of ₹1 crore
- Zero processing fee and 12 EMI waivers on home loans
- Three additional zero balance DSP accounts free for family member
- Universal account number across India allowing all Axis Bank branches to serve as home branch
- The MoU was signed at a ceremony held at Navy headquarters, with the Indian Navy represented by Neeraj Malhotra and Axis Bank represented by Reynold D’ Souza and lieutenant colonel MK Sharma.
Topic: State News/Gujarat
14. E-Sarkar App launched by Gujarat Government.
- E-Sarkar App has been launched by Gujarat Government on pilot basis for paperless administration.
- Gujarat government has launched app to make administrative works paperless, quick and easy for citizens.
- Government will launch the app on full scale on December 25 when the country will celebrate Good Governance Day.
- State Minister of Science and Technology Jitu Vaghani said that app integrates the latest technology to the existing IWDMS (Integrated Workflow and Document Management System) app.
- IWDMS app was launched by Gujarat government in 2005 for administrative purposes.
- E-Sarkar app will be applicable to government departments at the Secretariat, district and taluka levels and the collector-DDO offices.
- The app will also cover civic oriented services like RTI application, public complaints and appointments for visits to various government offices.