- 1. India and the Netherlands signed a joint statement to formalize bilateral fast-track mechanism on 27th September.
- 2. Ancient sculptures, temples, artifacts found in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
- 3. On 30 September, Naval forces of Japan, US, and South Korea conducted a joint naval exercise.
- 4. The second phase of Clean India will start from 1 October 2022.
- 5. Ministry of Women and Child Development is organizing “Poshan Utsav” from 30th September to 2nd October.
- 6. International Translation Day 2022: 30 September
- 7. Government has postponed the proposal to make 6 airbags mandatory in cars.
- 8. R Venkataramani has been appointed as new Attorney General of India.
- 9. World Heart Day: 29 September
- 10. UP Cabinet has approved Uttar Pradesh's 4th tiger reserve in Bundelkhand.
- 11. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been named new Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia.
- 12. Government appointed Bandaru Wilsonbabu as next Ambassador of India to Madagascar.
Ganesh Chaturthi OFFER get 25% Off
Use Coupon code GANESHA
1. India and the Netherlands signed a joint statement to formalize bilateral fast-track mechanism on 27th September.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the Embassy of the Netherlands officially signed a Joint Statement to formalize the Bilateral Fast-Track Mechanism (FTM) between both countries.
- Invest India, a national investment promotion and facilitation agency, is the bilateral FTM executive body.
- It aims to provide a platform to Dutch companies operating in India for speedy resolution of investment related matters.
- This system will help in increasing mutual investment activities. Along with this, business coordination and cooperation between companies will increase.
- India-Netherlands Relationship:
- In 1947, India and the Netherlands formally established diplomatic relationships.
- Since then, the two countries have developed important political, economic, and commercial ties and sectoral cooperation.
- Netherlands is the fourth largest foreign direct investor in India.
- The cumulative inflow of foreign direct investment from the Netherlands to India between April 2000 and June 2022 was approximately USD 42.3 billion.
Topic: Art and Culture
2. Ancient sculptures, temples, artifacts found in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
- 9th century temples and Buddhist monasteries have been found in Bandhavgarh Forest Reserve of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered 26 temples, 26 caves, 2 monasteries, 2 stupas, 24 inscriptions, 46 artifacts, and 19 water structures here.
- In these caves, there are many inscriptions of Brahmi script, in which the names of many districts like Mathura, Kaushambi, Pavata, Vejabharada, and Sapatanaairikaa are mentioned.
- These belong to the times of Shri Bhimsena, Maharaja Pothasiri, Maharaja Bhattadeva.
- These temples are about 2000 years old.
- Many important facts related to Buddhism have been found in these caves.
- The world's largest Varaha has also been found, which is 6.4 meters high.
- The height of the largest Varaha idol found before this was 4.26 meters.
- Jabalpur Zone ASI Superintendent Shivakant Bajpai said that these caves are man-made.
3. On 30 September, Naval forces of Japan, US, and South Korea conducted a joint naval exercise.
- The exercises were conducted in the Sea of Japan, including anti-submarine exercises.
- The exercise was conducted to improve its ability to counter threats allegedly developed by North Korea after the latest ballistic missile launch by Pyongyang.
- Warships including the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier, the USS Chancellorsville guided-missile cruiser, the USS Barry guided-missile destroyer, South Korea's Munmu the Great destroyer, and Japan's Asahi tanker participated in the drills.
- The trilateral anti-submarine warfare exercise was last conducted in international waters south of Jeju Island in April 2017.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
4. The second phase of Clean India will start from 1 October 2022.
- The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, announced that the Department of Youth Affairs will launch a month-long nationwide Clean India 2.0 campaign from October 1, 2022.
- Clean India 2.0 programme is being organised in 6 Lakh villages of 744 districts across the country.
- It is being organised through the network of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) affiliated Youth Clubs & National Service Scheme Affiliated Institutions.
- The second phase of Clean India will start from Prayagraj on the 1st October 2022.
- It is being launched with the aim of raising awareness, mobilizing people and ensuring their participation in making India clean.
- In this initiative people from different regions, languages and backgrounds will work together and the waste will be cleaned by these people on a completely voluntary basis.
- The objective of Clean India program is to organize cleaning of public places and houses in all the districts of the country from October 01 to October 31, 2022.
- Along with this, this campaign will also give the mantra of "Swachh Kaal: Amrit Kaal" and will convert this program into a mass movement through Jan Bhagidari.
Topic: National News
5. Ministry of Women and Child Development is organizing “Poshan Utsav” from 30th September to 2nd October.
- The "Poshan Utsav" will serve as a forum for communicating essential messages on correct nutrition, especially for young children and women, and age-appropriate good health practices to address malnutrition in the country.
- Cultural performances, nutrition parades, health check-up camps, healthy food stalls and sports giving message of nutrition will be organized during the festival to attract children and visitors.
- The “Poshan Utsav” inaugurated by the Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani on 30th September, 2022 at Kartavyapath.
- This "Poshan Utsav" will be a befitting finale to the month-long Poshan Maah aimed at publicizing the importance of good nutrition.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development celebrated the 5th National Nutrition Month from 1st to 30th September, 2022 under the POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- As part of the Rashtriya Poshan Maah, Gram Panchayats across the country started activities focused on 'Women and Health', 'Children and Education' and the importance of healthy local food especially in tribal areas.
Topic: Important Days
6. International Translation Day 2022: 30 September
- Every year on September 30, International Translation Day is celebrated.
- It is celebrated to honour language professionals, whose work helps bring nations together through dialogue, understanding, and cooperation.
- The theme of International Translation Day 2022 is "A World without Barriers."
- It is celebrated every year on 30 September on the Feast of St. Jerome. He is known as the patron saint of translators.
- The United Nations General Assembly on 24 May 2017 declared 30 September as International Translation Day.
- FIT began celebrating International Translation Day in 1991 to promote the recognition of the translation community around the world.
- In 1953, the International Federation of Translators (FIT) was established to represent translators, interpreters, and terminologists.
Topic: National News
7. Government has postponed the proposal to make 6 airbags mandatory in cars.
- Government has deferred the decision to make 6 airbags mandatory in cars till 1 October 2023.
- The decision has been taken due to constraints in global supply chain faced by the auto industry and its impact on the macroeconomic scenario.
- Earlier, the government planned to make six airbags mandatory in eight-seater vehicles for enhanced safety from 1 October 2022.
Topic: Indian Polity
8. R Venkataramani has been appointed as new Attorney General of India.
- He will replace K K Venugopal whose term ends on 30 September 2022.
- He will assume office from 1 October 2022 as the 14th Attorney General of India.
- He will serve for three years as the Attorney General.
- Attorney General:
- Attorney General is the highest law officer in India.
- Article 76 of the Indian Constitution states that the President should appoint a person as Attorney General of India. The person should be qualified to be appointed as a Judge of Supreme Court.
- Attorney General has the right of audience in all courts within the territory of India.
- He/ She shall hold office during the pleasure of the President. He can handover his resignation only to the President.
- The Attorney General must give advice to the Government of India regarding legal matters and perform such other duties of a legal character referred or assigned to him by the President.
- He/ She is not debarred from private legal practices.
- Attorney General is assisted by a Solicitor General and Additional Solicitors General.
- M C Setalvad was the first Attorney General of India.
Topic: Important Days
9. World Heart Day: 29 September
- Every year World Heart Day is observed every year on 29 September.
- The theme of World Heart Day 2022 is “Use Heart for Every Heart”.
- On 29 September 1999, the World Health Federation established the World Heart Day to create awareness about Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs).
- CVDs are responsible for around half of all non-communicable diseases(NCDs) deaths.
- As per WHO data, CVDs kill around 17.9 million people each year and account for 31% of all deaths worldwide.
- A human heart is of the size of a fist and the strongest muscle in the body.
Topic: State News/ Uttar Pradesh
10. UP Cabinet has approved Uttar Pradesh's 4th tiger reserve in Bundelkhand.
- The notification of the state's fourth tiger reserve in the Ranipur Wildlife Sanctuary (RWS) in the Chitrakoot district has been approved by the Uttar Pradesh cabinet on September 27, 2022.
- It will be the first tiger reserve in Bundelkhand.
- Tiger reserve will be named Ranipur Tiger Reserve.
- The cabinet has approved Ranipur Tiger Reserve under Section 38 (v) of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972.
- The Tiger Reserve will be spread over 52989.863 hectares, which includes 29958.863 hectares of buffer area and 23031.00 hectares of core areas.
- After Dudhwa, Pilibhit, and Amangarh, the Ranipur Tiger Reserve will be the fourth in Uttar Pradesh.
- Government will also establish the Ranipur Tiger Conservation Foundation for conservation and protection of tigers in the area.
- The Ranipur Tiger Reserve is home to a variety of animals, including tigers, leopards, sloth bears, spotted deer, sambhar, chinkara, as well as birds and reptiles.
Topic: International Appointments
11. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been named new Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia.
- King Salman bin Abdulaziz has named his son and successor Prince Mohammed bin Salman as Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia.
- According to a royal decree, King Salman has made his second son Prince Khalid the Defense Minister from Deputy Defense Minister.
- Prince Mohammed bin Salman was earlier the defence minister from 2015 to 2022.
- Salman bin Abdul Aziz, who took power in 2015, is unwell these days.
- Saudi Arabia:
- It is a country in Western Asia, which is spread over most of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Its capital is Riyadh and the currency is Saudi Riyal.
- Mohammed bin Salman is the Crown Prince and Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is the king of Saudi Arabia.
Topic: International Appointments
12. Government appointed Bandaru Wilsonbabu as next Ambassador of India to Madagascar.
- Bandaru Wilsonbabu is presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Wilsonbabu will replace Ambassador Abhay Kumar.
- It is an island country off the African east coast.
- It is the second-largest island country in the world. It is a biodiversity hotspot.
- Its capital is Antananarivo. Its currency is the Ariary.
- Andry Rajoelina is the current President. Christian Ntsay is the current Prime Minister.
|Monthly Current Affairs eBooks|
|August Monthly Current Affairs||July Monthly Current Affairs|
|June Monthly Current Affairs||May Monthly Current Affairs|