Daily Current Affairs and GK | 1 November 2022
- 1. Spain wins FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 title.
- 2. Gujarat government will form a committee for the implementation of the Uniform Civil Code in the state.
- 3. Union Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya will inaugurate India Chem 2022 on 2nd November 2022 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- 4. World Vegan Day: 01 November
- 5. Kerala formation day 2022: 1 November
- 6. Union Home Minister's Special Operation Medal has been presented to 63 officers.
- 7. President Droupadi Murmu launched India Water Week in Greater Noida on 01 November 2022.
- 8. RBI will launch the pilot project of the Digital Rupee in the wholesale segment on 1 November 2022.
- 9. Supreme Court banned ‘two-finger’ test on rape survivors.
- 10. A three-day India Space Congress 2022 held in New Delhi from October 26 to 28.
- 11. Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath inaugurated first data centre of UP in Greater Noida.
- 12. PM Modi inaugurated Miyawaki forest, maze garden in Kevadiya on National Unity Day (31 October 2022).
- 13. On 30 October, PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of C295 aircraft manufacturing plant in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- 14. WHO has released first ever health- threatening fungal infections list.
YOGA Day OFFER get 25% Off
Use Coupon code YOGA
1. Spain wins FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 title.
- Spain won the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup by defeating Colombia by 1-0.
- It is the second title for Spain. Spain had earlier won the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup title in 2018.
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup final match was played at the D Y Patil Sports Stadium (Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra).
- Vicky Lopez has been declared the winner of the ‘Golden Ball’ award.
- Loreen Bender received the ‘Golden Boot’ award and Sofía Fuente received the ‘Golden Glove’ award.
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 was hosted by India from 11 to October 30.
- FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup:
- It is a competition for young female players under the age of 17.
- It is organised by the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
- Since 2008, the competition is generally held on every two years.
Topic: State News/Gujarat
2. Gujarat government will form a committee for the implementation of the Uniform Civil Code in the state.
- Minister of State for Home Harsh Sanghvi said that the State cabinet cleared its proposal during its meeting on 29 October 2022.
- During the press conference, Union Minister Parshottam Rupala said that the high-level committee will be headed by a retired high court judge.
- He also said that the committee will have three to four members.
- In May 2022, Uttarakhand announced a committee for the implementation of UCC headed by retired Supreme Court judge Justice Ranjana Desai.
- Article 44 under the Directive Principles of State Policy has the provision of a Uniform Civil Code for all citizens throughout the country.
- Uniform Civil Code means there would be one law for the entire country applicable to all religious communities in their personal matters like inheritance, marriage, divorce, adoption, etc.
3. Union Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya will inaugurate India Chem 2022 on 2nd November 2022 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- India Chem 2022 will be organised from 02 -03 November 2022 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India, jointly with FICCI will organize it.
- Its theme is “Vision 2030: Chemicals and Petrochemicals Build India”.
- India Chem 2022 is the 12th edition of India Chem, a biennial International Exhibition and Conference.
- It will highlight the investment opportunities, especially in Petroleum, Chemical and Petrochemical Investment Regions (PCPIRs).
- India Chem 2021 inaugural session was held at Taj Palace, New Delhi on 17th March 2021.
- Its theme was "India: Global Manufacturing Hub for Chemicals and Petrochemicals".
- Before 2021, India Chem was held in 2018 and 2016.
- Indian Chemicals and Petrochemicals industry is the backbone of the Indian economy.
- Export of Indian Chemicals has shown growth of 106% in 2021-22 over 2013-14.
Topic: Important Days
4. World Vegan Day: 01 November
- World Vegan Day is observed every year on 01 November to motivate people to avoid the use of animal-based products.
- In 1994, Louise Wallis, then Chair of The Vegan Society in the UK started World Vegan Day to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the organization and the coining of the term "vegan".
- The theme of World Vegan Day 2022 will be based on the animal rights-focused campaign ‘Future Normal’.
- Veganism is the practice of staying away from the use of animal products. A person who follows it in his diet and lifestyle is known as a vegan.
Topic: Important Days
5. Kerala formation day 2022: 1 November
- The 66th formation day of Kerala was celebrated on 1 November.
- The day is also known as 'Kerala Pirayi day'.
- Kerala was created on 1 November 1956 by amalgamating the province of Malabar, Cochin, and Thiruvithancoor.
- Kerala was formed following the passage of the States Reorganisation Act 1956 after separating it from the Madras Presidency.
- Educational and cultural institutions hosted the Malayalam Bhasha Vaarams, or language-based contests.
- In 2022, a human chain formed in Thiruvananthapuram on 1 November to mark the end of the first phase of the State government's "No to drugs" campaign to combat substance misuse.
- Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry also celebrate their formation day on 1 Novembe
Topic: Awards and Prizes
6. Union Home Minister's Special Operation Medal has been presented to 63 officers.
- On October 31, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) presented the "Union Home Minister's Special Operation Medal" for the year 2022 to 63 police officers.
- The officers honoured were from Telangana, Punjab, Maharashtra, and the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir, as well as Delhi.
- The award has been given for four special operations: fight against terrorism, border action, arms control, narcotics smuggling prevention and rescue operations.
- Medals were presented at the 'Run for Unity' event to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal:
- The medal was constituted in 2018.
- It is awarded to State and Union Territory (UT) police forces, Central Police Organizations (CPOs), Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), and security organizations across India.
- Its objective is to recognize those actions which have a high level of planning and are of high importance for the security of the country/state/UT.
- In a year, generally 3 special operations are considered for the award and in exceptional circumstances, up to 5 special operations can be awarded to encourage State/UT Police.
- It is announced every year on 31 October.
|Monthly Current Affairs eBooks|
|October Monthly Current Affairs||September Monthly Current Affairs|
|August Monthly Current Affairs||July Monthly Current Affairs|
Topic: National News
7. President Droupadi Murmu launched India Water Week in Greater Noida on 01 November 2022.
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation is organising the 7th edition of India Water Week from 1st till the 5th of November.
- This is being organised in an effort to raise awareness, conserve and use water resources in an integrated manner.
- The theme of this year’s India Water Week is 'Water Security for Sustainable Development and Equity'.
- During the event, experts, planners and other stakeholders from around the world will discuss issues related to water resource development and management in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Denmark, Singapore and Finland will join the program as partner countries.
(Source: News on AIR)
8. RBI will launch the pilot project of the Digital Rupee in the wholesale segment on 1 November 2022.
- In a statement on 'Operationalisation of Central Bank Digital Currency-Wholesale (e ₹-W) Pilot', RBI said the first pilot project in the Digital Rupee-Wholesale segment shall commence on November 1, 2022.
- Secondary market transactions in government securities will be settled using Digital Rupee.
- The usage of the E-Rupee will increase the efficiency of the interbank market.
- Other wholesale transactions and cross-border payments will be the focus of future pilots. This will be based on the learnings from this pilot project.
- Nine banks have been identified for participation in the pilot project.
- These banks are State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Yes Bank, IDFC First Bank and HSBC.
- RBI has also announced that the first pilot use of Digital Rupee in the retail segment is planned for launch within a month.
- This is planned for launch in select locations in closed user groups comprising customers and merchants.
- About CBDC, Digital Rupee and Cryptocurrency:
- Digital form of currency notes issued by a central bank is Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) or Digital Rupee.
- Digital Rupee is different from cryptocurrency, which is a decentralized medium of exchange and digital asset based on blockchain technology.
- The operation of cryptocurrency does not involve any intermediary like banks, financial institutions, or central authorities.
- CBDC issued by RBI will be a legal tender in digital form.
Topic: Indian Polity
9. Supreme Court banned ‘two-finger’ test on rape survivors.
- Supreme Court said that any person conducting the “two-finger” or “three-finger” test on rape or sexual assault survivors will be found guilty of misconduct.
- A bench led by Justice D.Y. Chandrachud directed the Center and states government to review the curriculum in medical schools.
- The SC said the government should also ensure that a test, known as a 'per vaginal' test, is not used for rape or sexual assault survivors.
- The court ordered that the guidelines should be circulated to private and government hospitals.
- The Supreme Court bench said that this test has no scientific basis and neither proves nor disproves allegations of rape. It re-victimizes women and is an affront to their dignity.
- A doctor performs the test by inserting fingers into the female's vagina to check the level of vaginal laxity, which is used to determine if she is "habituated to sexual intercourse".
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
10. A three-day India Space Congress 2022 held in New Delhi from October 26 to 28.
- ‘Leveraging Space to Power Next-Gen Communication & Businesses’ was the theme of India Space Congress 2022.
- The SatCom Industry Association hosted the India Space Congress 2022.
- The India Space Congress 2022 is supported by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Ministry of Defence, NITI Aayog, In-Space, NewSpace India Ltd (NSIL) and the Department of Telecommunication.
- During the India Space Congress 2022, five space tech startups pitched their ideas to industry leaders and investors.
- Microsoft announced partnerships with 15 space startups as part of the Founders Hub programme. These startups may receive up to US$ 150,000 in free Azure credits.
- The India Space Congress 2022 witnessed 500 plus delegates, and 180 Speakers from different countries.
- The India Space Congress highlights the opportunities for developing the Indian space sector.
- It brings all the high-level stakeholders together from space agencies, industry, and institutions around the world under one roof.
Topic: State News/ Uttar Pradesh
11. Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath inaugurated first data centre of UP in Greater Noida.
- On 31 October 2022, CM Yogi launched state’s first and largest data centre in Greater Noida, UP.
- Phase 1 of the project is fully equipped with state of the art technology and was completed in 2 years.
- This data centre will have data of 60% of the citizens along with data of users of social media platforms and data related to various sectors like banking, business, healthcare and travel.
- Yotta, a subsidiary of Hiranandani group, constructed this data centre.
- 81,000 square metres of land was allocated to Hiranandani Group on 15 October 2020 for Rs. 116 crore to create a data centre.
- A total of 6 towers would be constructed at this centre. The first tower is complete and can store 30MW of data.
- Noida Power Company Limited (NPCL) will provide power supply to the centre which would consume around 200 MW of power.
- A data centre is a place where storing of data, processing of information and transferring of information from one place to another take place. In a data centre, data is processed and the information is stored in the large number of servers.
- Apart from this, CM Yogi also inaugurated Ganga Jal Project. He will attend India Water Week programme on 1 November which will be inaugurated by President Draupadi Murmu.
Topic: State News/ Gujarat
12. PM Modi inaugurated Miyawaki forest, maze garden in Kevadiya on National Unity Day (31 October 2022).
- He also launched ‘OYO Ekta Houseboat’, the first houseboat service of Gujarat in Ekta Nagar (formerly known as Kevadiya).
- Newly inaugurated Maze Garden near Statue of Unity is the largest maze garden in India spread across 3 acres of area.
- The name of Miyawaki forest is derived from the technique developed by a Japanese botanist and ecologist Dr Akira Miyawaki.
- In this technique, saplings are planted close to each other, which develops into a dense urban forest. Using this method, the plants grow 10 times faster and the forest developed is 30 times denser.
13. On 30 October, PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of C295 aircraft manufacturing plant in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- The manufacturing plant is of Tata-Airbus consortium that will manufacture the C295 aircraft for the Indian Air Force.
- It is a first of its kind project in which a private company will manufacture a military aircraft in India.
- For the first time, the manufacturing of C295 aircraft will take place outside of Europe.
- In Sept 2021, a procurement deal was signed between India and Airbus Defence and Space to procure 56 C295 aircraft to replace Avro-748 planes of IAF.
- Airbus will deliver first 16 aircraft in flyaway condition from Spain between Sept 2023 and Aug 2025, and the remaining 40 aircraft will be manufactured by Tata Advanced Systems Limited in India.
- About C295:
- It was initially produced by a Spanish company Construccionaes Aeronauticcas SA, which is now part of Airbus.
- Now, the aircraft is manufactured at Airbus’s plant in Spain.
- It is a transport aircraft with 5-10 tonne capacity. Its maximum speed is 480 kmph.
- Some other features include short take-off and landing from semi-prepared surfaces.
Topic: Biotechnology and Diseases
14. WHO has released first ever health- threatening fungal infections list.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) has issued first ever fungal priority pathogens list (FPPL) comprising of 19 fungi that can be health-threatening.
- The fungal pathogens have been categorized as critical, high and medium priority based on their effect on health and/or emerging antifungal resistance risk.
- Critical priority list includes Candida auris, a highly drug-resistant fungus.
- High priority list contains fungi from the Candida family as well as others such as Mucorales, a group with black fungus.
- The list is as follows:
Critical priority (4)
High priority (7)
Medium priority (8)
- People with low immunity or those infected with HIV, suffering from cancer, chronic respiratory disease or post-TB infection are at greater risk.
- WHO FPPL list is the global effort to systemically prioritise fungal pathogens to strengthen global response to fungal infections and antifungal resistance.
- Three areas for action have been proposed:
- Focus on strengthening lab capacity and surveillance
- Sustainable Investment in research, development and innovation
- Public health interventions
- In 2017, WHO prepared its first bacterial priority pathogens list.