- 1. Chhattisgarh government launched ‘Kaushalya Matritva Yojana’ for providing financial assistance to women.
- 2. Sharad Pawar unveiled Ratnakar Shetty’s autobiography.
- 3. World Kidney Day 2022: 10 March
- 4. Union Cabinet has approved establishment of National Land Monetization Corporation.
- 5. Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center and Innovation Park launched by RK Singh.
- 6. Government approved the establishment of WHO Global Center for Traditional Medicine.
- 7. Union Cabinet has approved proposal for amendment of 2nd schedule of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957.
- 8. Yoon Suk Yeol has been elected as new President of South Korea.
- 9. Andhra Pradesh gets first rank in Skoch State of Governance ranking 2021.
- 10. India’s first 100% women-owned ‘industrial park’ opened in Hyderabad.
- 11. Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Textiles are organizing “Jharokha” progamme to promote Indian handicrafts and art and culture.
- 12. Atal Innovation Mission joined hand with Snap Inc to encourage Augmented Reality (AR) skilling among youth.
- 13. Rizwana Hasan honoured with US International Women of Courage Award for 2022.
- 14. India finished at top in the medal tally of ISSF World Cup 2022.
Special Offer get 25% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS25
Topic: State News/ Chhattisgarh
1. Chhattisgarh government launched ‘Kaushalya Matritva Yojana’ for providing financial assistance to women.
- Under this scheme, the government will give financial assistance of Rs 5000 to women on the birth of second girl child.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel also said that women of Chhattisgarh will manufacture paint and produce electricity from cow dung.
- The state government has doubled the loan limit of Self-Help Groups through Mahila Kosh and has also waived loans of Rs 13 crore.
- Government honoured Anganwadi workers for their work under ‘Sakhi One Stop Center’ and ‘Nava Bihan Yojana’.
- It was carved out of Madhya Pradesh and was granted statehood on 1 November 2000.
- It shares its border with 7 states- UP, MP, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Odisha, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh.
- Its capital is Raipur.
- Bhupesh Baghel is the current Chief Minister and the governor is Anusuiya Uikey.
Topic: Books and Authors
2. Sharad Pawar unveiled Ratnakar Shetty’s autobiography.
- Ratnakar Shetty’s autobiography titled “On Board: My Years in BCCI” has been released.
- In this book, he shared his experiences as an administrator. Ratnakar Shetty was the first Chief Administrative Officer of BCCI.
Topic: Important Days
3. World Kidney Day 2022: 10 March
- Every year on the second Thursday in March, World Kidney Day is commemorated.
- This year, World Kidney Day has been celebrated on March 10.
- The theme of World Kidney Day 2022 is 'Kidney Health for All'. The Joint Steering Committee for World Kidney Day (WKD) declared the theme.
- World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign that emphasises on the importance of kidneys and the need to reduce the severity and frequency of kidney disease.
- The International Society of Nephrology and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations started to celebrate this day.
- The first World Kidney Day was celebrated in 2006.
Topic: National News
4. Union Cabinet has approved establishment of National Land Monetization Corporation.
- On March 9, the Union Cabinet has approved the formation of the National Land Monetization Corporation (NLMC) to handle surplus land monetization.
- It would be a 100% government-owned corporation with an initial authorized capital of Rs 5,000 crore and a paid-up capital of Rs 150 crore.
- Surplus land and building assets of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and other government agencies will be monetized by the NLMC.
- The government will be able to generate revenue by monetizing unused and under-used assets.
- Presently, CPSEs have substantial surplus, unused and under-used non-core assets in the nature of land and buildings.
- The NLMC will also own, manage, and monetize surplus land and building assets of CPSEs that are closing down, as well as surplus non-core land assets of government-owned CPSEs.
Topic: Infrastructure and Energy
5. Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center and Innovation Park launched by RK Singh.
- As part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Program, Union Minister for Power R.K. Singh has launched the Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center (SGKC) and Innovation Park.
- POWERGRID has established the SGKC in Manesar for demonstration and advancement of cutting-edge smart grid technologies.
- SGKC aims to be one of the world's top centers of excellence for smart grid technology innovation, entrepreneurship, and research, as well as building capacity in the power distribution sector.
- POWERGRID has design and developed the Virtual SGKC with support from the Union Ministry of Power and technical help from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- It is a Maharatna company headquartered in Gurugram.
- It is a central PSU under the Ministry of Power.
- It is engaged in the work of power transmission, operation, and maintenance of the Inter-State Transmission System (ISTS).
- It was founded on 23 October 1989.
- Its Chairman & MD is Kandikuppa Sreekant.
Topic: National News
6. Government approved the establishment of WHO Global Center for Traditional Medicine.
- The establishment of the WHO Global Center for Traditional Medicine (WHO GCTM) in Jamnagar, Gujarat has been approved by the Union Cabinet.
- It will be the first and only global outposted Centre (office) for traditional medicine across the globe. It will be set up under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- The Indian government has inked a Host Country agreement with the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The move will aid in the development of essential technical norms, standards, and regulations, as well as tools and methodologies for data collection, analytics, and effect assessment.
- For the coordination, execution, and monitoring of activities related to the formation of this Centre, a Joint Task Force (JTF) has been formed.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: National News
7. Union Cabinet has approved proposal for amendment of 2nd schedule of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957.
- The approved proposal is for specifying the rate of royalty in respect of Glauconite, Potash, Emerald, Platinum Group of Metals, Andalusite, Sillimanite, and Molybdenum.
- It will make sure auction of mineral blocks in respect of Glauconite, Potash, Emerald, Platinum Group of Metals, Andalusite, Sillimanite, and Molybdenum for the first time in country.
- The approval will cause import substitution in respect of many important minerals for the economy of the country and save forex reserves.
- It will reduce the country's foreign dependency through the local production of minerals.
- Rate of royalty for Andalusite, Sillimanite and Kyanite which are mineral polymorphs is kept at the same level.
- Minerals having similar chemical composition and different crystal structures are called mineral polymorphs.
- Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 was earlier amended in 2015 and 2021.
Topic: International News
8. Yoon Suk Yeol has been elected as new President of South Korea.
- Yoon Suk Yeol defeated his opponent Lee Jae-myung.
- People Power Party candidate Yoon won 48.6% of the votes. His rival Lee Jae-myung of Democratic Party garnered 47.8% of the votes.
- Yoon will assume office in May. He will serve a single five-year term as leader of the world’s 10th largest economy.
- South Korea:
- It is a country in East Asia. It shares its land border with North Korea.
- Yellow Sea forms its western border. Its capital is Seoul.
- Its Prime Minister is Kim Boo-kyum. Its current President is Moon Jae-in.
Topic: State News/ Andhra Pradesh
9. Andhra Pradesh gets first rank in Skoch State of Governance ranking 2021.
- Andhra Pradesh also got top position in police and safety, agriculture, district administration, and rural development.
- Andhra Pradesh retained the first rank in governance for the second consecutive year.
- In the transport, Andhra Pradesh is on third spot after West Bengal and Maharashtra.
- Andhra Pradesh was ranked at second position in 2018 and later it slipped to 4th position in 2019.
- West Bengal and Odisha have got second and third rank respectively while Gujarat and Maharashtra got fourth and fifth rank respectively.
- Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, and Himachal Pradesh are declared as “performers”.
- Bihar, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Chhattisgarh, and Rajasthan have been kept in the “Catching up” category.
- SKOCH gives ranking after evaluating various projects implemented by states. SKOCH Group is India’s leading think tank.
Topic: National News
10. India’s first 100% women-owned ‘industrial park’ opened in Hyderabad.
- Telangana minister KT Rama Rao inaugurated India’s first 100% women-owned ‘industrial park’ in Hyderabad.
- This 50-acre Industrial Park has been established with an investment of Rs 250 crores.
- It has been established by the FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) in collaboration with the Government of Telangana.
- It commenced its operation with 25 women-owned and operated units from 16 diverse Green Category Industries.
- It is first of kind project at the national level with the participation of Chapter Members and the national members of FLO.
- The state government will also give an additional 10% subsidy for women entrepreneurs.
- The industrial park exclusively for women was conceptualized in 2013.
- FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO):
- It was established in 1983.
- It is a division of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- It has 18 chapters across India and its headquarters is located in New Delhi.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
11. Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Textiles are organizing “Jharokha” progamme to promote Indian handicrafts and art and culture.
- It will be organized at 16 locations in 13 states and UTs from 8th-14th March.
- The first event under this celebration was organized in Bhopal at Rani Kamlapati Railway Station on 8th March.
- All the stalls under this program will be set up by the women artisans.
- Cultural events including folk dance and singing performances by local teams and artists will be organized for eight days.
- It is being organized as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
(Source: Amrit Mahotsav)
12. Atal Innovation Mission joined hand with Snap Inc to encourage Augmented Reality (AR) skilling among youth.
- Snap Inc will train more than 12000 teachers affiliated with the Atal Tinkering Labs on Augmented Reality (AR).
- Snap Inc, a global camera company, will share its expertise in AR with the Atal Tinkering Lab’s wide network of schools.
- Snap Inc in association with Atal Incubation Centers (AICs) will provide support to the Indian start-up ecosystem with AR advertising bootcamps, Ad credits, and other opportunities.
- A nationwide hackathon named ‘Lensathon (AR making hackathon)’ will be organized throughout March.
- Snap Inc will host special workshops to introduce AR and skills to young women of India. The workshops will be hosted by Women Lens Creators.
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM):
- It was launched in 2016. It is a flagship initiative of NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Atal Tinkering Labs is a major initiative under Atal Innovation Mission to promote a creative, innovative mindset in schools.
Topic: Award and Prizes
13. Rizwana Hasan honoured with US International Women of Courage Award for 2022.
- Rizwana Hasan is an environmental lawyer in Bangladesh.
- She is one of 12 women who will be honoured by US Department of State for her exceptional courage and leadership.
- She will be awarded by US Secretary of State Antony J Blinken on 14 March in a virtual ceremony.
- Rizwana Hasan is the Chief Executive of the Bangladesh Environmental Lawyers Association.
- She has fought many cases against deforestation, pollution, unregulated ship breaking, and illegal land development.
- She had received the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2012 for her work in the courtroom against environmental degradation and climate change.
- International Women of Courage (IWOC) award:
- It was established by the US Department of State in 2007.
- It is given to women who have shown exceptional courage, strength, and leadership to bring change in their communities.
(Source: News on AIR)
14. India finished at top in the medal tally of ISSF World Cup 2022.
- India with 4 gold, 2 silver, one bronze topped the medal tally in the ISSF World Cup 2022.
- Norway finished on the second spot with six medals- three gold, one silver and two bronze. France with three golds finished on the third spot.
- Rhythm Sangwan and Anish Bhanwala won gold in the 25m rapid fire pistol mixed team tournament.
- In the women’s 25m pistol team event, India defeated Singapore by 17-13 in the finals.
- ISSF World Cup 2022 was organized in Cairo.
- ISSF World Cup was started by the International Shooting Sport Federation in 1986.
(Source: News on AIR)