- 1. Constitution Day 2021: 26 November
- 2. National Milk Day: 26 November
- 3. India’s candidate elected as Delegate for Asia on Executive Committee of INTERPOL.
- 4. MP Chief Minister announces renaming of Indore’s Patalpani railway station after tribal icon Tantya Bhil.
- 5. India elected to UNESCO World Heritage Committee for four year term.
- 6. Fifth World Congress on Disaster Management virtually inaugurated by Raksha Mantri.
- 7. NASA launches DART, world’s first planetary defense system.
- 8. Former President of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan dies at the age of 90.
- 9. Tashkent will host the Asian Youth Para Games in 2025.
- 10. Delhi Metro's driverless train operations inaugurated on Pink Line.
- 11. River Cities Alliance and National Urban River Management Plan for Kanpur was launched by Jal Shakti Minister.
- 12. 'Dosti,' a five-day trilateral exercise between the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka, concluded.
New Year Offer get 20% Off
Use Coupon code PENDULUMEDU
Topic: Important Days
1. Constitution Day 2021: 26 Novemberconstitution day, 26 november, indian constitution in 1949, january 26, 1950, dr. b r ambedkar, national milk day, national milk day, milkman of india, white revolution in india, central bureau of investigation, special director, praveen sinha, international criminal police organization, interpol, mp, chief minister, renaming, indore, patalpani railway station, tribal icon tantya bhil, bhopal’s habibganj railway station, rani kamalapati, India, elected, UNESCO World Heritage Committee, UNESCO Executive Board, Fifth World Congress on Disaster Management, virtually inaugurated, Raksha Mantri, IIT Delhi campus, New Delhi, theme, NASA, Double Asteroid Redirection Test, DART, world’s first planetary defense system, SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, Vandenberg Space Force Base, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Dimorphos, Didymos, Former President of South Korea, Chun Doo-hwan, Butcher of Gwangju, Roh Tae-woo, Tashkent, 25 Asian Youth Para Games, Asian Paralympic Committee (APC), Delhi Metro's driverless train operations, Pink Line, River Cities Alliance, National Urban River Management Plan for Kanpur, Jal Shakti Minister, Dosti, Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka, five-day trilateral exercise
- Constitution Day is celebrated in India every year on 26 November.
- It is celebrated to commemorate the Constituent Assembly's adoption of the Indian Constitution in 1949.
- India's Constitution is the longest written constitution of any sovereign country in the world.
- The Constituent Assembly of India enacted the Indian Constitution on November 26, 1949, and it came into effect on January 26, 1950.
- On November 19, 2015, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment announced the Government of India's plan to commemorate the 26 November each year as "Constitution Day" in order to promote constitutional principles among citizens.
- Dr. B R Ambedkar, widely known as the Father of the Indian Constitution, was a well-known social reformer, politician, and jurist.
- On August 29, 1947, he was assigned as the chairman of the constitution drafting committee.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: Important Days
2. National Milk Day: 26 November
- National Milk Day is celebrated every year on 26 November in India.
- The day is celebrated to commemorate the birth centenary of Dr Verghese Kurien.
- He is popularly known as the Father of the White Revolution in India. He is also known as the “Milkman of India”.
- It was started by the IDA (Indian Dairy Association) in the year 2014. The first national milk day in India was observed on November 26, 2014.
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying will celebrate National Milk Day on 26 November at T K Patel Auditorium, National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Campus at Anand in Gujarat.
- The Department, in collaboration with the National Dairy Development Board and other institutions founded by Dr. Kurien, will organize the event.
- The Best Dairy Farmer rearing indigenous cattle and buffalo breeds will receive National Gopal Ratna Awards from Minister for Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala.
- The Best Artificial Insemination Technician, and Best Dairy Cooperative Society and Dairy Farmer Producer Organization will also receive National Gopal Ratna Awards from Parshottam Rupala.
(Source: News on AIR)
3. India’s candidate elected as Delegate for Asia on Executive Committee of INTERPOL.
- India’s candidate, Praveen Sinha has been elected as Delegate for Asia on Executive Committee of the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
- Praveen Sinha is the Special Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation. The elections were held in Istanbul, Turkey during the ongoing 89th INTERPOL General Assembly.
- In the election, four contestants were China, Singapore, South Korea and Jordan.
- India’s National Central Bureau (NCB-India) reached out to its counterparts around the world to campaign for this election.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: State News/Madhya Pradesh
4. MP Chief Minister announces renaming of Indore’s Patalpani railway station after tribal icon Tantya Bhil.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced that Indore’s Patalpani railway station will be renamed after tribal icon Tantya Bhil.
- He also said that Indore’s Bhanwar Kuan intersection and MR 10 bus stand will also be named after Tantya Bhil.
- CM also announced that a medical college will be opened in Mandla in the name of king Hirde Shah, a freedom fighter.
- Earlier, Bhopal’s Habibganj railway station was named after Rani Kamalapati, a tribal queen.
- In September 2021, it was announced that Chhindwara University will be named after Shankar Shah and Raghunath Shah.
- The CM has also announced the establishment of a memorial of Bhima Nayak in Barwani.
Topic: International News
5. India elected to UNESCO World Heritage Committee for four year term.
- India has been elected to UNESCO World Heritage Committee for four year term from 2021-2025.
- India has won the seat on UNESCO World Heritage Committee from the Asia Pacific region.
- On 17 November, India was re-elected to the UNESCO Executive Board for 2021-2025 term.
- UNESCO World Heritage Committee is responsible for implementation of World Heritage Convention.
- It defines the use of the World Heritage Fund. It allocates financial assistance upon requests from States parties.
- It consists of representatives from 21 of the States Parties to the Convention. It meets once a year.
- World Heritage Committee’s next session is scheduled in June 2022 in Kazan.
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
6. Fifth World Congress on Disaster Management virtually inaugurated by Raksha Mantri.
- Fifth World Congress on Disaster Management was virtually inaugurated by Raksha Mantri on November 24, 2021.
- Raksha Mantri lauded Indian Armed Forces for being first responders in Indian Ocean region for Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- 5th World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM) is being organised in New Delhi between November 24-27, 2021 at IIT Delhi campus.
- The theme for 5th WCDM is ‘Technology, Finance and Capacity for Building Resilience to Disasters in the context of COVID-19’.
- It is an initiative of Disaster Management Initiatives and Convergence Society.
Topic: Space and IT
7. NASA launches DART, world’s first planetary defense system.
- NASA has launched Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART), world’s first planetary defense system.
- NASA launched DART on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- DART has been built by Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory in Maryland at the direction of NASA’s Planetary Defense Coordination Office.
- The moonlet, Dimorphos, which is approximately 160 meters in diameter is the target of DART. It orbits Didymos, a binary asteroid.
- It is expected that DART will collide with Dimorphos between September 26 and October 1, 2022.
- The objective of DART mission is to demonstrate a kinetic impact with Dimorphos and change its binary orbital period.
Topic: Personality in News
8. Former President of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan dies at the age of 90.
- Former President of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan died at the age of 90 in Seoul.
- Chun Doo-hwan is famous as “Butcher of Gwangju”. He took power in a 1979 coup and brutally crushed pro-democracy protests.
- His army friend and another ex-president, Roh Tae-woo, died almost a month ago. Roh succeeded Chun as president.
- Chun’s military tribunal sentenced Kim Dae-jung to death. Kim later became President and won the 2000 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to promote democracy in South Korea.
9. Tashkent will host the Asian Youth Para Games in 2025.
Tashkent will host the Asian Youth Para Games in 2025, according to the Asian Paralympic Committee (APC).
- Uzbekistan, with the backing of the country's tourism and sport ministry, submitted a bid to host the event in Tashkent in late September or early October.
- The 4th edition of the Asian Youth Para Games 2021 will take place in Manama, Bahrain from December 2 to 6, 2021.
- In nine sports, up to 800 young athletes from across Asia are anticipated to compete.
Topic: State News/Delhi
10. Delhi Metro's driverless train operations inaugurated on Pink Line.
- Hardeep S. Puri, the Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, and Kailash Gahlot, the Delhi government's Transport Minister, virtually inaugurated the Driverless Train Operations on the Delhi Metro's Pink Line.
- The Delhi Metro has now become the fourth largest network in the world to operate with driverless technology, with a 96.7-kilometer network.
- The Pink Line connecting Majlis Park with Shiv Vihar is the longest metro corridor in the capital.
- In December 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the country's first driverless operations on the DMRC's Magenta Line, which connects Botanical Garden and Janakpuri West.
- DMRC now has a driverless network of 96 km, which is 9% of the total driverless metro operations in the world.
- After DMRC completes the construction work on the Maujpur-Majlis Park extension corridor by 2023, New Delhi's driverless metro network will expand to 109 km.
(Source: News on Air)
Topic: National News
11. River Cities Alliance and National Urban River Management Plan for Kanpur was launched by Jal Shakti Minister.
- River Cities Alliance and National Urban River Management Plan for Kanpur were launched in New Delhi by Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
- The alliance is dedicated to cleaning and protecting rivers across India, with the goal of improving rivers and cities as a whole.
- The Alliance will concentrate on three main themes: networking, capacity building, and technical assistance.
- River Cities Alliance (RCA) has been launched by collaboration of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and National Institute for Urban Affairs (NIUA).
- Recently, a Strategic Green Partnership has been signed between Denmark and India, which will also focus upon cities and rivers, amongst other key focus areas.
(Source: News on Air)
12. 'Dosti,' a five-day trilateral exercise between the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka, concluded.
- The 15th edition of the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka biennial Trilateral Exercise 'Dosti', was started on 20 November in the Maldives.
- The five-day trilateral exercise has been concluded on 24 November. The year 2021 marked the 30th anniversary of the beginning of the exercise.
- The ICGS Vajra and ICGS Apoorva and Indian Coast Guard ships joined with Sri Lanka Coast Guard, SLCGS Suraksha for the five-day exercise in the Maldives.
- Exercise Dosti was started between the Indian and Maldives Coast Guard in 1991. Sri Lanka first joined the exercise in 2012.