- 1. Fourth general assembly of International Solar Alliance begins from 18 October.
- 2. ICC joins hands with UNICEF to raise awareness on children's mental health.
- 3. 'Mera Ghar Mere Naam' scheme launched by Punjab CM.
- 4. Geospatial Energy Map of India launched by NITI Aayog.
- 5. UIDAI to host “Aadhaar Hackathon 2021” from 28th-31st October.
- 6. Defence Minister launched Integrated unmanned road map for Navy.
- 7. Israel to become new member of International Solar Alliance.
- 8. India to attend Moscow Format meeting on Afghanistan on Oct 20.
- 9. Indian agricultural waste recycling project wins Prince William’s inaugural Earthshot Prize.
- 10. Rajnath Singh unveiled the book ‘Veer Savarkar: The Man Who Could Have Prevented Partition’.
- 11. Jammu & Kashmir administration inked MoU with Dubai government for real estate development.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS2024
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
1. Fourth general assembly of International Solar Alliance begins from 18 October.
- The fourth general assembly of the International Solar Alliance is scheduled to be organized from 18-21 October.
- The Assembly will be presided over by R K Singh, Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy and the President of ISA.
- One Sun One World One Grid (OSOWOG) and other Solar energy initiatives will be discussed during the fourth assembly of the International Solar Alliance.
- A series of technical sessions on various strategic initiatives of ISA will be also conducted.
- The leaders will discuss the roadmap of the strategic plan of ISA for the next five years. They will also discuss the partnership with Global Energy Alliance.
- The European Commission Executive Vice President for the European Green Deal, Frans Timmermans will also address the assembly.
2. ICC joins hands with UNICEF to raise awareness on children's mental health.
- The ICC has partnered with UNICEF to spread awareness about the mental health and well-being of children and adolescents.
- This partnership will support UNICEF's global campaign “On Your Mind”. The partnership will focus on the need for more conversations around mental health and wellbeing.
- According to the latest estimate, more than 1 in 7 adolescents is facing mental disorder issues.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has exacerbated the issue. School closures and physical distancing have increased the mental disorder issues in Children.
Topic: State News/Punjab
3. 'Mera Ghar Mere Naam' scheme launched by Punjab CM.
- 'Mera Ghar Mere Naam' scheme has been launched by Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi.
- The scheme has been launched to give ownership rights to people living in houses within the 'lal lakir' of villages and cities.
- 'Lal lakir' refers to land which is part of the village settlement and which is used only for non-agricultural purposes.
- Punjab CM said that earlier this scheme was launched only for the residents of villages but now it is being extended to the eligible residents of the cities within the 'lal lakir'.
- Punjab CM said that another scheme 'Basera' is providing relief to people residing in slum areas outside the 'lal lakir' by giving ownership rights to them.
Topic: Infrastructure and Energy
4. Geospatial Energy Map of India launched by NITI Aayog.
- Geospatial Energy Map of India has been launched by NITI Aayog on 18 October 2021.
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed a comprehensive Geographic Information System (GIS) Energy Map of India with the support of Energy Ministries of Government of India.
- The GIS map provides a holistic picture of all energy resources of the country.
- This enables visualisation of energy installations such as conventional power plants, oil and gas wells, petroleum refineries, coal fields and coal blocks, district-wise data on renewable energy power plants.
- The map attempts to identify and locate all primary and secondary sources of energy and their transportation networks to provide a comprehensive view of energy production and distribution in a country.
- Geospatial Energy Map of India will be useful in planning and making investment decisions. It will also aid in disaster management using available energy assets.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: National News
5. UIDAI to host “Aadhaar Hackathon 2021” from 28th-31st October.
- UIDAI will host a Hackathon titled “Aadhaar Hackathon 2021” to celebrate the 75th year of Independence of India.
- It has been launched for young innovators who are still studying in Engineering institutes and eager to step into the real world.
- The hackathon will start from 28th October and would continue till 31st October 2021.
- It is based on two themes. The first theme is “Enrolment and Update”, it will cover the challenges faced by residents while updating their address.
- The second theme is around the “Identity and Authentication” solution offered by UIDAI. Under this, UIDAI is devising innovative solutions to prove identity without sharing the Aadhaar number or any demographic information.
- The winners of each theme would be rewarded through prize money and other lucrative benefits.
6. Defence Minister launched Integrated unmanned road map for Navy.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched an ‘Integrated Unmanned Road Map for Indian Navy’ at the second edition of the Naval Commanders Conference.
- Its main objective is to provide a comprehensive Unmanned Systems Roadmap in consonance with the Indian Navy’s Concept of Operations and chart out a capability development plan for the Indian Navy.
- A reference version of this Roadmap will also be promulgated to promote India's ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’ mission in the defence sector.
- The Naval Commanders Conference will focus on ways to enhance the combat capability of the Navy and to make operations more effective and efficient.
- The conference will also focus on the dynamics of the geo-strategic situation in the region in the backdrop of recent events.
- Recently, the Indian Navy received its 11th P-8I long-range maritime patrol aircraft from Boeing under its modernization plan.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: International News
7. Israel to become new member of International Solar Alliance.
- Israel has officially start the process to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- Karine Elharrar, Israel energy minister, signed the agreement of joining the International Solar alliance in the presence of Indian External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar.
- India and Israel agreed to recognize each other’s vaccine certifications and will restart talks on a free trade agreement (FTA) from November.
- India and Israel had agreed to elevate bilateral relations to a Strategic Partnership level during the visit of PM Narendra Modi to Israel in July 2017.
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
8. India to attend Moscow Format meeting on Afghanistan on Oct 20.
- India will participate in the first Moscow format dialogue on Afghanistan on 20 October.
- The Moscow Format meeting is the first formal contact between New Delhi and the Taliban government.
- Russia is hosting the first meeting of the Moscow Format after the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.
- Earlier, India has provided assistance to Afghanistan for infrastructure as well as for humanitarian purposes.
- The Moscow Format was launched in 2017. It is a six-party mechanism for consultations between representatives of Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, Iran, India, and Russia.
Topic: Awards and Prizes
9. Indian agricultural waste recycling project wins Prince William’s inaugural Earthshot Prize.
- A Delhi-based entrepreneur’s agricultural waste recycling project ‘Takachar’ has been named among the winners of Prince William's Earthshot Prize.
- Vidyut Mohan led Takachar received the honour of GBP 1 million for its cheap technology innovation to convert crop residues into sellable bio-products. It has been named among the five winners from the world.
- Takachar’s innovation reduces smoke emissions by up to 98 percent and improves the air quality.
- Takachar project has been awarded for its technology in the “clean our air” category.
- Around USD 120 billion of agricultural waste is generated every year. The burning of agricultural waste causes air pollution and reduces life expectancy.
Topic: Books and Authors
10. Rajnath Singh unveiled the book ‘Veer Savarkar: The Man Who Could Have Prevented Partition’.
- The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled the book titled ‘Veer Savarkar: The Man Who Could Have Prevented Partition’.
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat was also present at the book launch event.
- It has been written by Uday Mahurkar. This book will clear the rumors about the life of Savarkar.
- The Union Defence Minister said that Savarkar “believed armed rebellion should also be an option for freedom”.
Topic: State News/ Jammu and Kashmir
11. Jammu & Kashmir administration inked MoU with Dubai government for real estate development.
- Jammu and Kashmir administration signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Dubai for real estate development, industrial parks, IT towers, multipurpose towers, logistics, medical college, and super specialty hospital.
- The MoU will attract investment in the state. It will give a strong signal to the entire world that Jammu & Kashmir is an important pillar in the development of India.
- Different entities of Dubai have shown interest in investing in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Recently, Government has announced an industrial package of 28,400 Crore rupees for Jammu and Kashmir.
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha said that this development journey will help the Union Territory to scale new heights in attaining Industrialization and sustainable growth.